How does Tezoro solve it?
Prepare a backup
Use your crypto as before
No worries 👌
Forgotten the credentials of your Tezoro account? No worries. The backup will launch automatically on a date you specified as a backup date.
We are transparent
The smart contract source code is open and verified via Etherscan - you can check it out by the link below.
Why should I trust you?
- You don't need to. Tezoro is a non-custodial service: we don't ask you for your wallet's credentials and don't have access to your assets. You confirm everything directly through your MetaMask wallet. Even when you lose access, your crypto will be sent directly to a backup address without intermediaries.
- The source code of our backup smart contract is open and verified onEtherscan. You can check it out here.
- Even the Tezoro team cannot make any changes to your backup smart contract. The only thing you allow us to do is initiate the transfer when you need it.
What is Tezoro?
Why is Tezoro better than competitors and abstract wallets?
- Tezoro is easy to use: you can create a backup in 3 minutes through a user-friendly web interface.
- Tezoro is non-custodial: you don't have to share your assets or wallet access keys, either when creating a backup or when withdrawing and transferring your assets to a backup address.
- Tezoro is unhackable: your backup is a smart contract that is impossible to hack because of its nature.
- Unlike competitors, once you prepare a backup via Tezoro, your assets continue to be stored in your wallet without any restrictions. Backup smart contract will withdraw them if you lose access to your wallet or die. We call this approach "you don't have to leave the house if you have bequeathed it."
Can I use Tezoro with my mobile phone or tablet?
How to bequeath crypto?
Can I bequeath Bitcoin or ETH?
What networks and tokens does Tezoro support?
How to back up crypto?
Will my crypto become locked after I have created a backup?
Can I withdraw crypto if I have already lost access to my wallet?
Do I have to share my wallet credentials to create a backup smart contract?
Can I use my crypto after creating a backup?
Does my crypto go through Tezoro when creating or executing my backup or in any other situation?
Will Tezoro have access to my wallet or to the crypto I backed up?
Why is it impossible to hack a backup smart contract?
How can I manage my backups and wills?
What happens if my Tezoro account is hacked?
Safety is our #1 priority. We take the highest measures to protect our infrastructure.
However, in the unlikely event that your account is hacked, the only thing that can happen is that a hacker can transfer your assets to your backup address. It is virtually impossible to withdraw assets to any other address rather than the one you provided as your backup address. This security is guaranteed by the nature of the blockchain.
Thus, there is no reason for an attacker to try to hack your Tezoro account since it is entirely impossible to transfer your assets to any address other than your backup address. This security is guaranteed by the nature of the blockchain.
Moreover, any backup smart contract has a 30-day buffer. During this period, we will send you several email notifications so that you can easily cancel this process.